Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Sun, Jan 13, 2008, Victor G. Bolshakov wrote:

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008, Victor G. Bolshakov wrote:

Victor G. Bolshakov wrote:
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
 >> But next problem that poller.php return
    sh: /usr/local/php/bin/php: not found
    sh: /usr/local/php/bin/rrdtool: not found
Last time i correct this using bad hack - put copy of "php" and
"rrdtool"
into "/usr/local//php/bin/". Now i try to find real problem, but without
any suspect.

No, problem not with default search path in installer - it save several
seconds, but it can be changed by hands while installing. Problem that
something in cacti scripts try to use very strange path as location for
php and rrdtool

sh: /usr/local/php/bin/php: not found
sh: /usr/local/php/bin/rrdtool: not found
i solve this problem with "safe_mode = off" in ./etc/php/php.ini
I tried to fix it by adding -d "safe_mode=off" to the php(1) call in
cacti-cron now. Hopefully the stuff now works out-of-the-box and without
any manual intervention...
I completely forgot about command line params for php...

And there is only one small thing - for smooth graphics cacti-cron
need to be run every 5 minutes or even every minute. May be we can use
dcron as internal openpkg cron for cacti?

Ok, now also implemented. dcron is now used. Please check the latest
"cacti" from scratch and tell us if there is still something we has to
fix or adjust...

Ok, will test and report.

P.S. can you help me with packaging Spine (http://www.cacti.net/spine_info.php, http://www.cacti.net/downloads/spine/cacti-spine-0.8.7a.tar.gz) - external binary poller for Cacti? A'm not so good with RPM.
I compiled Spine with minimal patching:
1. replace "config/config.guess", "config/config.sub" and "config/ltmain.sh" with files from "/openpkg/share/libtool" - in official sources it is simlinks to files in "/usr/share/libtool" 2. change VERSION in config/ltmain.sh so it match version of libtool.m4 (in my case i change VERSION from 1.5.24 to 1.5.22)
        3. just ignored this errors
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to http://bugs.cacti.net ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for netinet/ip.h... yes
checking netinet/ip_icmp.h usability... no
checking netinet/ip_icmp.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip_icmp.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to http://bugs.cacti.net ##
        4. configured with "--with-mysql=/openpkg --with-snmp=/openpkg"

As result i got two files "spine" and "spine.conf" and this work well for me

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org