I build cacti from scratch and only cacti (core + cacti requirements) and this
is my notes:

1. PHP (as standalone application) need to specify same modules as for
apache-php
        PreReq:       php
        PreReq:       php::with_mysql = yes
        PreReq:       php::with_mm = yes
        PreReq:       php::with_pcre = yes
        PreReq:       php::with_xml = yes

2. "php -d safe_mode=off" not work for me (Solaris10/Sparc) - poller try to find snmp* in
"/usr/local/php/bin"

3. dcron work and look for crontabs in "/openpkg/etc/dcron/crontabs" but file
name must be root or openpkg-r

4. need more intellectual "cacti-cron.sh" - it should not run if cacti not
started

5. MySQL by default log all sql into "var/mysql/common.log" as enabled in
default my.cnf - is it really needed?

P.S. tomorrow i will try new cacti-spine and report any problems i found
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org