On Fri, Feb 13, 2009, Christian Lete wrote:

> Sorry  for the double posting... I found more info regarding the error:
>
> I added an extra line in snmptrapd.c to get more information on the pointer:
>
> Breakpoint 1, free_config_pidFile () at snmptrapd.c:523
> 523     if (pid_file)
> (gdb) n
> 524       printf("the pid file ptr %p\n",pid_file);
> (gdb) n
> the pid file ptr 0x4e9508
> 525       free(pid_file);
> (gdb) n
> *** glibc detected *** /opt/openpkg/sbin/snmptrapd: free(): invalid
> pointer: 0x00000000004e9508 ***
> 526     pid_file = "/openpkg/var/snmp/snmptrapd.pid";
>
> Hope this brings more information.

I checked the piece of code and I saw the problem. pid_file is
initialized to a non-NULL and non-strdup'ed string by us and this breaks
here in case the free(pid_file) is done. I've tried to fix this in the
latest "snmp" package now. Thanks for the hints.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org