Hi Nagendra

On 03/09/18 17:50, nagen...@hasolutions.in wrote:
Hi Gary,
I have few questions:
1. Do we really want to reboot both the nodes in case of conflicts?

That's a good question. A cluster reboot should also be considered? I have proposed both nodes as it's somewhere in between. Keep in mind other SG types could be affected also, but not picked up.

2. Even we want to send reboot to one node, which node we should send the reboot, the one, which was a part of smaller cluster?

I think we should keep it simple for this ticket, as it's really just a stop gap. Something like #2918 should be considered.

3. If we could differentiate here that the conflicts happened because of re-merge, then will susi_delete message(here also, we need to decide which SU susi need to be deleted) will do rather than reboot? Rebooting will be little to harsh for other applications running on the nodes, it is just my understanding.

4. In general, what we assume if the partition is merged, applications for sure will be out of sync , so just deleting the susi will do or we need to reboot for sure. This is just for my understanding as I am not much aware of actual application level impact(in terms of Data base, its behavior, etc.).

I think we want to resolve the conflicting state as soon as possible. Would deleting the susi be potentially slower than issuing a reboot?

Thanks
Gary