Hi William,

On 7/25/2014 12:53 AM, William R Elliott wrote:
On the other hand, they have concerns about TCP because of the performance.
[AVM] If you consider the latest default Opnesaf branch ( upcoming 4.5 release ) ,more or less the performance is the same.
Can someone point me towards any opensaf documentation or forum that discusses
the pros and cons of TCP verses TICP when using opensaf, with the view of
helping me Alleviate these concerns?
[AVM] For Opensaf 4.4 we haven't collected any TCP verses TIPC statistics , But recently we have taken some statistics on default Opnesaf branch ( upcoming 4.5 release ) after recent improvement in transport module. Attached "OpenSAFStartupTime Second.pdf" doc has some statistics on default Opnesaf branch ( upcoming 4.5 release ).

I have one more question; the user has two machines on different subnets that
they want to include in the same cluster, i.e. NODE-1 (IP 1.1.1.x) and NODE-2
(IP 1.1.2.x).  Which one can I use (TCP or TIPC) to accomplish this task?
[AVM] This can be accomplished by using TCP Multicast**Feature it is avalible in 4.4 also.

-AVM