Please see inline with [Praveen].

Thanks
Praveen

On 16-Mar-17 6:23 PM, David Hoyt wrote:
> No, we have a couple of five node systems: two SCs and three payload nodes:
>
> ·         App1 is 2N and runs on SC-1 and SC-2 along with the OpenSAF
> controllers
>
> ·         App2 is 2N and runs on PL-3 and PL-4
>
> ·         App3 is simplex and runs on PL-5
>
> Like you pointed out, the 2N redundant apps will be ok since they have a mate
> to take activity when OpenSAF is being upgraded.
> However, since App3 is simplex, we would like to keep it up and running (if
> possible) when OpenSAF is being upgraded on PL-5.

[Praveen] Currently when OpenSAF is stopped on a node, AMF directly
removes assignments from application components. After successful
removal of assignments, component is cleaned up. As of now there is no
provision to stop AMF from removing assignments from component during
OpenSAF stop phase. So for a deployed system it is not possible.

For a new system, some inspiration can be taken from the middleware
director components. A process can be started by anybody but it can be
come a registered process of AMF when AMF invokes its CLC-CLI script by
registering with AMF.AMf continuously monitors this registered process
and manages its life-cycle. All assignment related callbacks will be
invoked in the context of this registered process. For removal of
assignment, a process can distinguish between removal because of OpenSAF
shutdown or removal because of workload management. For clean up command
process will un-register itself from AMF without exiting.