integral hpi & retrieving self inventory .

Thanks & Regards,
Soma
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:03:53 +0000, Jones, Alex wrote
Hi Soma,

   Are you setting up an HPI domain in your openhpi conf file? The current PLM
code uses UNSPECIFIED_DOMAIN_ID when opening the session, so it has to use the
default.

 Alex

 From: soma <s...@cdot.in>
 Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:24:23 AM
 To: Jones, Alex
 Cc: rkm...@cdot.in
 Subject: Re: [users] Osaf plmd session open error :1012, in ATCA chassis

NOTICE: This email was received from an EXTERNAL sender

 Hello Alex,
 I tried option 2 in my target FRU ( powerpc based board) . The "hpiinv" client
successfully opens session with "integral hpi" in SHMM and retrieves the
inventory .

 However, still plmd is not able to open session .

 In imm.xml I have given domain id as "domain_1" .

 How to verify the domain id with which plmd is trying to open session ?

 On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:59:35 -0500, Alex Jones wrote
Hi

Soma,

I can think of 2

things.

You may need to add openhpid as a target in opensafd.service. Assuming you are

using systemd, add "openhpid.service" in the "After=" line
of

opensafd.service.

With some shelf managers we have also seen openhpid take a while to connect at

startup. You may also need to create a service which waits for
"hpiinv" to

return before starting opensafd. Once you know that you can communicate with

HPI, then start

opensafd.

You could also test all this, by not starting opensafd automatically. Wait

until "hpiinv" returns good data. Then start plmcd and opensafd
manually. If

this works, then one or both of the above is likely the

issue.

Alex

Hello,
I have configured one FRU ( powerpc based board) in ATCA chassis as controller.

The SHMM RFS is "integral hpi " enabled

.

The FRU successfully comes up as controller when "IsHpiSupported =0"
in imm.xml

.When "IsHpiSupported=1" in imm.xml, plmd fails to open session with
Integral

Hpi with error

:1012.

Please note the following

observations:

(1) I have written a hpi user program , which successfully opens session with

ATCA SHMM integral hpi. The user program also successfully retrieves the shmm

inventory.
(2)the 'hpi_shell' within ATCA SHMM successfully executes all the

commands.
(3)I have configured the environment variable OPENHPI_DAEMON_HOST = ip of SHMM

active

card.
(4)tcpdump of port 4743 captures no

data.

Please suggest the possible reasons for this error

.

Any suggestion is highly

appreciated.

Thanks  &

regards

Soma

 Thanks  & regards

 ::Disclaimer::

 The contents of this email and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
 for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on C-DOT.
 and  may  not  necessarily  reflect  the  opinions  of  C-DOT.  Any  form of
 reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
 and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the
 author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
 in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.