Hmm..  whenever someone brings up "an issue of common
standards, professionalism, code quality, and cooperation", I get
suspitious..     what might he 'really' be trying to do?  *cough*..
anyway.

Wasn't there some kind of coding standards document on the wiki?
ohai! , it's here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Coding_standards

Might want to move the s vs z debate to the discussion page?

-Teravus