Hi,

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:59:26 +0200
Ryan McDougall <sempu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Can we unify RegionModules with IPlugin system I did a while ago?
> This would mean learning and using Mono.Addins, or ExtensionLoader if
> that is Mono.Addins's replacement.

I'd like to suggest sticking with Mono.Addins.

While it is a bit big, has a steeper learning curve and requires more
calls to load a module, it may prove to be pretty useful in the future
when people want to do more complicated things with modules. It is
being actively developed by a wider community, is used in large
projects and is based on the Eclipse add-in engine[1].

ExtensionLoader is nice and small and loads modules well. If/when
OpenSim graduates to more complex module use cases, we may find
ExtensionLoader lacking. Any missing features in ExtensionLoader would
need to be coded by those who need it.

Mike

[1] http://www.mono-project.com/Introduction_to_Mono.Addins