Frisby, Adam wrote:
> I did wonder why we started forcing users to have an opensim.ini. The
> previous 'use defaults' made more sense to me.

Unfortunately, the hardcoded defaults had become out of alignment with sane
default settings, causing various degrees of
user distress.

Any time where settings exist in two places there is a big risk of them getting
out of sync.  I would argue that modules
should fail on startup rather than contain hardcoded defaults.  External files
such as OpenSim.ini.example (or
config/*.ini) are better in that they provide explanatory comments and make
available settings user visible.

> Adam

justincc
Justin Clark-Casey