Melanie wrote:
> In the current thinking:
>
> Users should be in control of their own inventory and it's
> associated assets, independent of a single grid.
>
> This means:
>
> - users can select where their data is stored. This may be an ISP, a
> web hoster, a grid or their own PC (bandwidth permitting). No
> simulator has authority over that storage.

I know this is where you and others have hashed things to, but please
keep in mind -- the scenario where an organization may not want the user
to be in control of their inventory, and where they have no say as to
where it is stored.  I understand that it's not the general scenario of
people talking about hypergrid, but OpenSim is a platform that will be
used for things other then "hypergridding" and I don't want to see
alternative scenarios ruled out, or marginalized because of the current
focus on hypergrid.

Cheers,
--
Michael Cortez