If we want to watch the birth of a so-called Web 3D, welcome Diva and welcome Hypergrid. If we want to have a clone of SL, but with the option of different grids, welcome all development aid, including Hypergrid, as this is also a dream of LL. But if we only want to have a bad clone of the SL in standalone, we can stop the development now, nothing more is needed to have a game for some hours.

For me I support and I want to watch the birth of the Web 3D, I already attended the birth of the web, even before that, I work with some BBSs, then I went to the web 2, and I do not want to lose the opportunity and maybe I am not the onlyone, from the inside wanting to attend the birth of the future Web

Ideia Boa

Dahlia Trimble wrote:
Personally I prefer OpenSim in standalone mode, and my preference is for it to be a personal simulation server allowing multiple dissimilar clients to attach and share a simulation; one which may deviate quite a but from the normal SL experience. I realize I'm in a minority with this position compared to other core developers, and as such I do a majority of my development and testing in grid mode and with hypergrid using various viewers, primarily those based on the LL viewer, but also using other viewers not derived from the LL viewer.

Many of the users of OpenSim have their own ideas about how the platform should evolve, and hypergrid appears to (at least anecdotally) be a popular feature. It also requires substantial changes to the core architecture for proper implementation, and bringing hypergrid and diva into core has allowed her to make a substantial improvement to many parts of the code which deal with standalone and grid operation in addition to hypergrid. I see no lack of benefit to any of our users from bringing diva and hypergrid into core.

Anyway, last I checked, time still only moves forward so please continue to offer suggestions for improvement and they will be considered :)