Thank you all, the problem of pass is resolved, so now I need to discover how the uuid of the avatar is generated . anyone have any idea how this happens?

Greetings,
Márcio Cardoso

A 2009/10/16, às 19:34, Frisby, Adam escreveu:

Seconded. There are other weak points which could be more easily addressed at the current point in time; but I do expect many of those to finally get ironed out.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de [mailto:opensim-dev-
boun...@lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of d...@metaverseink.com
Sent: Friday, 16 October 2009 9:22 AM
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] open sim UUID and Passwordhash

The usual warning, I'm a broken record:
there is very little security in open OpenSim grids right now.

Daniel Smith wrote:

Not the best place to go over crypto 101, but for those unfamiliar
with
the insecurity of md5("password") by itself, you owe yourself a visit
some place like http://www.md5crack.com/crackmd5.php.  It'll open
your
eyes quickly.

Try "20ee80e63596799a1543bc9fd88d8878"  -- it's ok, just a rabbit.
Not
my password.

The point that others here are making about salt is pretty valid
(incoming IP address + timestamp + username can be a good start).
You'll have to store the salt somewhere, because you'll never get the same one again, and you'll need to add it to the users incoming pw to
hash again and compare...

And +1 to Adam's comment on transmission and storage requirements.
Not
addressing security 101 will leave you with a site incapable of
transmitting anything (or much worse..)

Daniel

--
Daniel Smith - Sonoma County, California
http://daniel.org/resume