Some history may be in order here; I wont drag you through each and every
phase of virtual world development, but I can tell you that googling
'virtual worlds' turns up prior art for almost everything we do (or will do)
with opensim, dating back to the late 1970s.

It may not be widely known by either the patent office (do they even
research such things anymore?), or the 'get rich quick by grabbing the IP
quicker' set, but the prior art is there.

Cheers
James