I'm not sure this will be possible as I believe mesh is uploaded via a single HTTP post, which isn't easy to monitor server-side. It's also possible that the mesh you're trying to upload is unfortunately simply too large and that we should have (optional) server-side enforced limits. But this is speculation on my part.

Is this a purely local upload or one to a server not on the same system? If the server is on a different system, possibly you could install a monitoring tool to check your rate of data upload. Naturally, one would expect a server on a local LAN to be very quick, but a remote one might be different and even on the local scenario, things like slow wifi might come into play.

Perhaps you could install a monitoring tool on your system