Greetings,

The MOSES Team has begun the integration of Nvidia's PhysX physics engine
into OpenSim. The effort's motivation stems from a deep review of the
capabilities PhysX can bring the simulator and a number of discovered
limitations that exists with ODE and BulletSim. Abstractly, we want to
improve the overall performance of physics in our grids. Specifically, we
turn to PhysX for its internal multi-threaded capabilities (not just
relying on physics being executed on a separate thread from the OpenSim
core), optimized performance with the use of dedicated GPUs, and the
potential to bring more realistic physics to the system (vehicle movement,
n-bodied physics, etc). Upon completion of this effort, the integrated code
will be shared with the community.

PhysX: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/physx
MOSES: http://www.militarymetaverse.org/

Best regards,