Yeah I thought as much on the root access question but I thought I'd ask :) However, the machine I was thinking I'd potentially configure for root access is cut off from the outside world; inaccessible except from within my own network. My other server (different physical machine) is accessible however and I'd never configure that with root access.

Thanks a lot for your input :)