Hi to All,

I have reported this problem before. This version and the version of
OpenSim before does NOT allow Full Qualified Domain Name in the
Region.ini file. I think it should be. The problem is gone when you fill
in the IP address there.

Specially for big company networks (schools, businesses etc.) who use
Firewall in combination with split DNS it is wonderful if FQDN is
supported in Region.ini. On this moment every request will need the
firewall external IP address to be in the Region.ini so the Grid is also
reachable from the outside. With a forward rule in the Firewall to
server that serviced the specific region it will work from the inside
campus network and also from the outside (Internet).

I have this configuration working on a campus grid with more the 1200
regions and a number of servers in the internal network. I like to
reduce traffic so if this problem can be fixed and FQDN addresses are
accepted so the combination of split DNS, Firewall and Region.ini works
I will great-full!

short time solution is to put in the Region.ini the IP address instead
of the FQDN for the ExternalHostName.

With regards,

Johan Taal

Links: