From: opensim-users-boun...@opensimulator.org
[mailto:opensim-users-boun...@opensimulator.org] On Behalf Of tring...@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 17:15
To: opensim-users@opensimulator.org
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Problem with tp to one of my var regions

Ubit,

I am not clear on what you are suggesting.  I really can't use the old OAR any
longer because there has been a fair amount of work done on the region as a
var.  It has been running for about a month as a var and I do nightly backups
of making a new oar and doing a database backup.  The estate database is not
combined with the region database, they are two different databases.  I did the
join to the estate which is shared with the other regions running on this
server and it picked it up right away without me having to type anything in.

I have made another 2 by 2 var doing the same thing from my home region
"Sanctuary" which does not have this problem.  It was made with a slightly
different offset because I put two regions together and they are centered in
the 2 by 2 left to right but only shifted 50 meters into the center top to
bottom so they would not overlap.  When I did Sanctuary I did them one at a
time, and resized the parcel on the first merged region then added the second
region which now did not overlap the first in it's parcel size.

On nudist Island there is only one region so I did not do anything with the
parcel size since it does not overlap anything.

I could try making the entire var one single parcel, could that maybe be the
cause of the negative position vectors?

I'm not clear on what you mean by a "master" and a join.  That sounds like you
are talking about the parcel's and using the terrain join.  I will see if
combining the two existing parcels into just one helps.

I could also do a load oar of last nights oar to see if that fixes the issue.
I have not tried doing either of those two things yet.  Something isn't right
for sure.  I have not had any complaints from other users and I see the normal
activity from both HG visitors and OSgrid visitors to the region.

The only complaint I have received about Nudist Island was from an HG visitor
who said they thought the terrain textures were corrupt because they cleared
their viewer cache and then the terrain textures did not look right anymore.  I
do not understand that because I use the default terrain textures on most of my
regions so I cleared my viewer cache and tried to see if it looked different.
It did not.  I asked a few of the other visitors and they said everything
looked normal.  I suspect that was an issue with that particular visitor maybe
just experiencing a slow load of the textures.