Being able to move faster than an opponent is a distinct advantage to both
griefers and rolepayers. It is a function that needs to be controlled. You can
enable it for your sims if you accept the risks. - Melanie ---- On Thu, 27 Dec
2018 22:20:28 +0000 Ethan Gardener <eeke...@fastmail.fm> wrote ---- I see from
the source it's ThreatLevel Moderate, why? I don't recall any such restriction
on, say, llMoveToTarget which can move your avatar around, nor a permission
check either, but it has been a while. Wiki page:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OsSetOwnerSpeed Source:
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=82afab2026301ccaa230a56c5c4c5f997b2ab8b7&f=OpenSim/Region/ScriptEngine/Shared/Api/Implementation/OSSL_Api.cs
 On Thu, Dec 27, 2018, at 9:45 PM, Ethan Gardener wrote: > [13:37] ava speed
hud: osSetOwnerSpeed permission denied. Script creator > is not in the list of
users allowed to execute this function and prim > owner also has no permission.
> > I just discovered this function, made a HUD with it... and now I'm told >
I'm not allowed to set my own speed multiplier with a HUD I made for > myself!
There's a bug here somewhere, LOL! Could it be a false error > message; the
real bug being something else? > > I didn't try osSetSpeed, that's a whole
other can of permissions^Wworms. > > -- > Progress might have been all right
once, but it has gone on too long -- > Ogden Nash >