From: Wang, Ren [mailto:ren.w...@nuance.com]
Sent: 20 October 2012 21:13
To: Nick Wagner
Cc: openslp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Openslp-users] DA deployment

I guess my question should be if SA received DAAdvert message, is there a way
to register a callback function to the DAAdvert event so that SA can know the
DA is there and register the service to it?

The way as you described "It is the responsibility of the SA to find DA's and
keep registering with them" - is it also done by the slpd "automatically"?

We have a test as following:

1)      an application calls OpenSLP SLPReg when it started, the application is
a service agent points to a static DA IP address

2)      run slptool findsrvs service:TESTAPP, it shows the application
registered with the URL

3)      shut done the DA

4)      restart the DA

5)      run slptool findsrvs service:TESTAPP again, no service found

Based on the test case, "It is the responsibility of the SA to find DA's and
keep registering with them", which the application needs to know the DA is up
again and re-register it again. And it is not handled by slpd automatically. Is
this the correct?

Regards,

Ren