On Nov 8, 2007, at 3:50 AM, RickMeasham wrote:

> On Nov 8, 1:41 pm, Chris Chabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sorry for the possibly newbee question, but are we limited to using
>> google's _IG_FetchContent() inside of our open social gadgets, or is
>> it possible to use the one's from our own toolkit?
>
> Google's _IG_Fetch* routines use their proxy for requesting document
> across the domain boundary. Your prototype.js solution will only be
> able to query the local domain (which will be gmodules.com) which
> isn't likely to be what you want.

So that would leave us with 2 options i guess, one would be to use
something hackedie like:
http://www.mellowmorning.com/2007/11/07/updated-cross-site-ajax-plugin-for-prototype/

and the second would be to prefix al ajax calls with:
'/ig/jsonp?url='+escape('original.url')

not sure if either method is preferable, and the second one sounds
very platform specific, so i guess rewriting to IG_Fetch i go ;-(

        -- Chris Chabot