Hey Swamy,

If you send a mail to the opensocial list instead of to me directly, you
have a much higher chance of getting a meaningful answer.

There is support for sending a message in the OpenSocial API:
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.8/reference/#opensocial.requestSendMessagealso
see section #10 of
http://www.opensocial.org/Technical-Resources/opensocial-spec-v081/restful-protocolfor
the REST API counter-part.

However retrieving messages is not a part of that, and as far as i'm aware
also not planned for 0.9 (feel free to propose it to the spec list though if
you have a good use-case for it).

Do note that while the API for sending messages does exist it's marked as
*optional*, this means containers do not have to support it. To find out if
your favorite container(s) support it just look at the error code when you
try to send a message, from the docs: *"If the container does not support
this method the callback will be called with an opensocial.ResponseItem that
has an error code of NOT_IMPLEMENTED. "*

   -- Chris