Arne (or anyone),

Can you confirm for me that the only authentication method provided by
OpenSocial is the one I quoted in my first post above?

In particular, I'm thinking of getting information in a Flash object
securely to my server.  I gather the way to do this is to have the
Flash object pass information to the JavaScript on the client, which
then invokes makeRequest as described?

The reason I ask is that I know Facebook will automatically pass
signature information to the Flash object, which can be relayed
directly from the Flash object to the server.  Since only Facebook and
the server know a secret key for the application, the current user's
ID can be verified.  Just wondered if there was anything similar in
OpenSocial.

I understand that parameters other than those provided by the
container (such as user-id etc) are not protected from tampering.  I'm
just looking at options for the architecture.

Thanks,
DB