Hey there, I'm developing a social app for a charity project and the
whole caching mechanism of the gadgets just drives me nuts.

Recently I added my application to igoogle with the developer tools,
so I can uncheck the caching function for this gadget. Next i disabled
the cache of my Firefox with the web tools and deleted the contents of
it. But if I now change, say a few lines, in an external js File of my
gadget it's simply ignored.

I already tried to set up a local shindig server, but I run in trouble
with the whole social data providing.

So my question is: How do you develop social apps, how is your process
looking. I'm coming from the standard java development branch and am
used to debuggers, test driven development etc.

Is social app development, besides a firebug debugger, still trial and
error? And how do you make sure to disable the WHOLE cache in the
development state?

Thanks very much for every hint, I'm really about to get crazy,
because everything I do seems to be cached..
Tommy