Hey Rajesh,

3 legged OAuth is indeed the right solution here; And no once the user goes
through the OAuth flow once (ie get redirected to the social site where he
has to click 'Grant FOO.COM access to my data'), you get a long lived token
that you can keep using indefinitely, or until it is revoked which in
practice hardly ever happens. (So once the flow is complete, you store the
oauth token for that session in your database for that user)

The added benefit of using 3 legged oauth is that it has a user associated
with the session, so right after the the authentication you can do a REST
call to /rest/people/@me/@self to fetch the profile info of your user, and
/rest/people/@me/@friends to download his friends list, and you can refresh
and use the activities/etc API's this whenever its appropriate in your app
using that same long lived oauth token / secret.

    -- Chris