You should be able to reuse the makeRequest / Proxy classes (and their
RemoteContent fetcher dependencies) from shindig, you can find them in
shindig/php/src/gadgets/*{Proxy,Request}*.php. Either straight up extracting
those classes and intergrating them in your env, or using them to reverse
engineer what response format where should help make this work

G'luck!

   -- Chris