Hello Dennis,

Monday, June 13, 2005, 12:56:26 AM, you wrote:

DC> I have created a jumpstart server on both x86 and Sparc servers and
DC> both result in the same errors when I attempt to add a install client
DC> :

DC> # ./add_install_client -t /mnt/jumpstart/Solaris_11/Tools/Boot charon i86pc
DC> Adding "share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /mnt/jumpstart" to /etc/dfs/dfstab
DC> enabling tftp in /etc/inetd.conf
DC> Converting /etc/inetd.conf
DC> enabling network/tftp/udp6 service
DC> updating /etc/bootparams
DC> copying boot file to /tftpboot/pxegrub.I86PC.Solaris_11-1
DC> ln: cannot create /tftpboot//tftpboot/boot/grub/menu.lst: No such file
DC> or directory

DC> Create a grub floppy and edit GRUB menu to contain
DC> the following entry:
DC> title Solaris netinstall
DC>   rarp
DC>   kernel /I86PC.Solaris_11-1/multiboot kernel/unix -B
DC> install_media=192.168.35.123:/mnt/jumpstart
DC>   module /I86PC.Solaris_11-1/x86.miniroot

DC> The creation os a boot floppy with the stage1 and stage2 components
DC> from the grub directory results in a bootable floppy but no way to
DC> edit a menu.  I can type in command manually like "rarp" which seems
DC> to work but and actual boot with :

DC> kernel /I86PC.Solaris_11-1/multiboot kernel/unix -B
DC> install_media=192.168.35.123:/mnt/jumpstart

DC> results in a file not found error.

DC> Installation with the CDROM 1 of 4 on an LX50 also fails as it can not
DC> read the CDROM at some point early on in the installation.

DC> Any comments anyone ?

I'm just trying it - I actuall managed to boot kernel this way, can't
go any further 'coz ethernet driver is missing. Now I'm trying to
change miniroot :)

Anyway, you have to provide tftpserver, so either you provied
necessary options via dhcp (just two - BootSrvA and BootFile) or manually.

Manually in GRUB it looks like:

ifconfig --address=A.B.C.D --gateway=a.b.c.d --netmask=q.w.e.r
--server=f.g.h.j

then:

root (nd)
kernel ..... (the same way you wrote)
module ....
boot

It works with b16/b17 but if grub was loaded from CD/fd in graphics
mode you have to first change it to console (terminal console) - see
bugs list.

Booting using PXE "almost" works - I'm hit with 6285006 so either I
will replace pxegrub from b15 or wait for b18 (when it will be
available?).

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]