George Jereza wrote:

This is a good email thread for new Solaris users,
especially for those who are considering moving from
Linux. I'm hoping the community is cutting n' pasting
the main points in this thread and publishing it
somewhere, so that the group can move on to other
issues. Otherwise, it'll come up again, and again. That'll be insane.

Better yet, give people (all inclusive, including
newbies to Solaris who couldn't care less about
backward compatibility) options when they install and
try the OS out for a spin.  Options within Solaris, or
options within options.  I think that's what
OpenSolaris is all about to begin with, isn't it?
I would like to think this is the direction that the CAB and the community
will drive OpenSolaris towards. Obviously, OpenSolaris is new and so much
is still being worked on, learnt by everyone both within and outside Sun.

   Agreed with you 100% on this mail.

-Ghee