Joerg Schilling wrote:

>> > Did you compile them yourself?
>> >
>> > ..... or do you just asume that it was simple to compile them
>> > because you did see the binaries made by other people?
>>
>>   Of course, I do know how the Debian packaging system works.
>>   Otherwise I would remain in silence.
>>
>>   Once a package is "ported" it wouldn't be a big issue to keep it
>>   building over its new releases.  What you have to do is write down
>
> The Debian people don't port to Solaris but to Linux.
>
> They even usually apply patches that cause the the software to fail
> on any other platform because they don't care about other platforms.

  They only care about Linux because it is the only well supported
  architecture inside Debian; it makes sense.

  Anyway, that is not a rules. I mean, if we work to get OpenSolaris
  as another well accepted arch on Debian, that behavior will change.

  There are another accepted architectures in which some people are
  working on.  I think it is a really good sign and probes that Debian
  is not so Linux-centric. :-)

--
Greetings, alo.