Hi Daniel,

our new Mailserver consisting of two V20z Opteron systems
runs Solaris10/x86. It serves ~3500 active accounts with
~ 2 incoming mails/sec (delivered mails after filtering).

The first machine perfoms the SMTP protocol with TLS (sendmail-8.13.4,
cyrus sasl, procmail), does virus and spam filtering (amavis, sophos,
spamassassin) and hosts the mailing lists (majordomo, mailman).

The second machine hosts the imap folders and performs local delivery
over the imap and pop protocols (encrypted, uw-imap).

Both machines serve IPv4 and IPv6.

The migration from the old Solaris9/SPARC to the new Solaris10/x86
achitecture had no special problems. We merely needed to recompile
all the affected software.

-- Guenter