On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 18:42 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > virtually, all our distros based on the same core bits - sunw*. We are
> > planning quite a bit of work there. So, all these beginnings, (i.e.
> > SchiliX, BeliniX) are very good for overall progress. After all, thanks
> > to GPL/CDDL. It forces/stimulates developers to exchange patches between
> > the projects.
>
> Do you use the patches I provide at
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schillix/patches/

lseek.patch looks like we could take. But somehow sunw* stuff works for
us as is or with little changes. GNU/Solaris actually will bring
1000+(literally) usability patches applied for GNU software all over the
place. We derive them from Ubuntu/Breezy world mostly. Some patches came
from Debian directly.

See, for Debian GNU/Solaris, proportion is different. We have just 120
sunw* core packages and 3500+ Ubuntu/Debian packages. So, we mostly
concentrating on Debian part right now. But we have quite a few plans
for sunw* stuff in the near future.

Erast