>In my opinion, a big part of the value of this community will be that it
>helps to explain the relevance of OpenSolaris to the wider Linux
>community.  Extending the scope beyond Linux immigrants could threaten
>that.

"wider Linux comminity"?  I think the value of OpenSolaris does not
derive from external factors but rather from inner strength; as such,
I find linux immigrants too limiting and perhaps also can be seen
to lend to those who see OpenSolaris as a purely defensive, window
dressing, move.

Let's not forget those users of HP-UX and AIX who do need to look
for alternatives rather than just those of other, very much alive,
Unix-like OSes, who want to broaden their horizons.

Casper