On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 19:12, alessioc wrote:
> Is there a way to crypt/decrypt a folder by using the opensolaris crypto
> service? (i'm talking about some crypt/decrypt system based on a symmetrical
> key provided by the user at mount time)

Not at this time.

We currently have an encrypt(1) command that works on individual files.

We have encryption support for lofi(7d) - the block driver - working
and hope to release it to OpenSolaris site soon.

We will also be adding encryption support to the recently released ZFS,
we have been in discussion with the ZFS team since quite early on in
their development process so this has actually be though about in
advance and isn't a layer on top.  It just wasn't a ZFS Phase I
requirement.

Check out the OpenSolaris Security Community at:

http://opensolaris.org/os/community/security/

--
Darren J Moffat