Alfredo Pe?a wrote:
> Hi,
> I remember some talk about the creation of a application porting
> discussion forum. I can't find that list in
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/discussions/
> Is there plans to have that list? Is it ok to send app port questions to
> opensolaris-discuss meanwhile?

Posting here is probably not the best way to go. For app port question,
you'll have much better luck posting to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
because most (all?) of the Solaris GNOME/JDS and KDE porting folks are
subscribed there.

Also, because almost every major open source app that's been around for
a while has been ported to Solaris by one or more of: Blastwave,
Sunfreeware, or Companion CD, those communities are good places to look
for guidance too.

- If the app is on the Companion CD: the engineer who ported it might
  have documented useful porting info. This is done via a file called
  sfw.README in the source package. For more information and a link to
  a tar file of all the READMES, see:
    http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=8147#8147

- If the app is on sunfreeware.com, e-mail Steve Christensen for
  porting advice.

- If the app is on Blastwave, click on the package name in the package
  list, and then click on "contact the maintainer". Also click on the
  maintainer's name -- sometimes you'll find additional porting
  information or pointers there.

Eric