Thanks for the quick reply Robert.

>TN> - assuming a zpool in 2 disk mirror configuration on which one or more ZFS
>TN> reside would it be possible to do the same trick? I understand that we
>TN> could export the pool and import on two different machines and fix the
>TN> 'missing mirror part' afterwards. But is there a way to get a similar
>TN> thing done on ONE machine?
>
>Why not to use snapshots? They are persistent regarding to reboots
>(which is not a case in UFS).

Snapshots only solve half of the problem as they don't allow a mirror to
be broken up and each part being treated independently. For anything else
you are of course right

>Keep in mind that ZFS on-disk format could possible still change from
>version to version (or maybe it's frozen right now after it went
>public - ???).

That's my hope too. Of course we won't move all our mail spool and home
directories to ZFS as long as no official statement from Sun ensuring that
the format is frozen

Thomas