Brian Nitz wrote:
I have a Nexenta elatte "gnusolaris" partition alongside my NV_27a with a GNOME 2.12 JDS build. Nexenta is based on the same kernel code and also contains a GNOME 2.12 desktop. Unfortunately the binaries for the gnusolaris versions of these applications aren't easily interchangable with the binaries in Nevada. For example when I try to run gnusolaris zenity on Nevada, it fails because it expects libXi.so.6 and we have libXi.so.5. If I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /gnusolaris/usr/lib and /gnusolaris/lib, the gnusolaris binaries run O.K. I was also told that libXi.so.6 and libXi.so.5 are probably the same library with a different name!

The real solution for that specific problem is to get all the distributions
using the same source for X libraries - unfortunately, that's currently
impossible, as Sun Solaris uses a X code base that's closed source and would
break binary compatibility with older Solaris versions if we just cut over
to the Xorg open source release.    I really am working to get as much as we
can of Solaris X released via OpenSolaris as soon as possible (and libraries
like libX11 and libXi won't be in the first set of code released), but
unfortuantely have a day job competing with that work, so it's going slower
than anyone wants.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]