Stefan Teleman wrote:
On 12/19/05, Brian Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm sure there are other areas where GNOME has an advantage over KDE.

For example PDF rendering.

I hope Opensolaris distributions based on KDE, Looking glass and other
open source desktops become available but if everyone played by the
rules and followed proper procurement directives, GNOME would have a
decent chance of winning government desktops.

Are you actually trying to publicly suggest that GNOME/JDS has not
succeeded because of unfair competitive practices by KDE e.V. ???????
I'm trying to publicly suggest that as long as 30-50% of what I earn and at least 20% what I spend goes to taxes, I expect that the public bodies responsible for spending those taxes does so in a fair and transparent manner. Public technology procurement decisions should be based on whether the proposal meets the requirements and serves the common good for the least cost. Desktop or distribution "religious" affinity should never come into consideration.

Stefan Teleman

--
Stefan Teleman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]