>This feature made me think "yep that's a nice idea" when I read about it.
>I did not think much more about it, and maybe it's not that cool, it can of
>course be discussed.

I'm not too impressed about features which primarily work around broken
software.  (If the driver not responds because of broken hardware, then
reloading the driver obviously makes no sense).

How do you unload a driver which is stuck?  It may have threads of control
and those threads may hold mutexes.

What does it mean when a driver does not respond?

A useful first line of enquiry would be "how do I forcibly unload a
driver?".

Casper