Peter Buckingham wrote:
Hi All,

There are a bunch of things that I'd like to see in solaris. Although
some of these my be showing my lack of knowledge of solaris though...

        - support for initramfs (rather than just plain ramdisks)

What problem does this solve ?  What do you want to use it for.

        - better support for running without swap
                o hence having a non-swap backed ramfs

Huh ?  Solaris works just perfectly without swap and has done so for
many years.

        - hotplug cpus - for coolness ;-)

We already support that and have done since Solaris 2.5.1 for SPARC (the E10k). So what am I missing about your request ?

        - better driver/device support for x86 (there is a lot of info
          missing from prtconf that would be available in other OS's
          through /proc, /sys or sysctl)

What about prtdiag(1m) and smbios(1m).

--
Darren J Moffat