Going back to the comments about Nexenta build system:

1. What ever happened to running Debian/Linux packages
natively (or by wrapper)??

2. Can we build from Nexenta in providing "Debian"
packages for Schillix, SXCR, and Belenix???

3. What is being done currently with colleges,
universities, and organizations?? Isn't NetBSD doing
work in providing packages/ports to Solaris using the
NetBSD build system?!?

We seem to have lost track of the previous work that
was being done to provide Debian packages to Solaris.
There was the Linux/FreeBSD style wrapper for running
Linux packages on Solaris and then the native source
compiles of the same package base used for the Debian
packages (17,000->20,200+ packages). We can take all
of the current GNU source code as a start and see what
builds and doesn't build using the Sun Studio 11
compiler or GCC.

That would be a start for someone. Everything else
starts to become personal taste....

~ Ken Mays