[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I don't think he believes OpenSolaris is a fork; it's just that he believes
there was only one open source OS, Linux.

Exactly. And that's the trap he wants us to walk into.

The fact that he's wrong about the other stuff is not relevant. He's baiting us, so if people respond please respond carefully and positively. Since we launched, OpenSolaris has largely been treated well by other communities, and for the most part it's been ignored by Sun's competitors. I'd argue that those are both good things. We are earning our way based on substance, not spin. Now, we are also starting to put up some good numbers out there, and people are noticing, so it's natural that competitors will take shots from to time. Perhaps Novell has noticed us, I don't know. We have a good story to tell in the effort to engage new developers. To me, that story sounds much better told positively.

Jim