Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Robert Milkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I myself would prefer open source software based on libraries already
> >> included in Solaris (like OpenSSL) - something I can't get with
> >> Blastwave.
> >
> > This is something that currently does not fit the ON OSS model from Sun.
> >
> > Unless we find a way that Sun makes more bits OSS, it may be that
> > e.g. Schillix is forced to supply different libs than Sun does.
>
> Huh ?  I truely don't understand what you are getting at here.  Sun is
> doing its bloody best to release as much code as quickly as we can.
> What is left in ON that is closed source is closed for a reason.

I am not sure if you did understand the problem.

A main problem for OpenSolaris based distros is that ON is not self contained.
This means that ON itself is not complete enough to make a minimal distro out
of it.

People who like to create even a minimal distro are forced to grab the
related sources from elsewhere and to find a way to compile in a way that makes
it work. This is not necessarily the same way Sun did do it....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)