We've tried.  Multiple times.  Our MDE (Market Development Engineering)
team offered to do all the work.  (Not that there is much.  As you all know it's
just a recompile.)  The answer has always been "no."

I do plan to try again with JohnnyL, although it's worth noting that
Acrobat is not in his part of Adobe so all he can do is influence.

    Regards,

    Glenn

Dennis Clarke wrote:
Dennis Clarke wrote:

No Solaris x86 ?   Are we able to perhaps influence this to have more up
date software options ?

I for one have posted to their user forum, asking for a recompile to
x86.  I suggest all interested parties do so.

Alan Duboff blogged about this back in August 2005 !

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/aland?entry=adobe_acrobat_reader_for_solaris

We need to seriously go over to the doors of Adobe and get them to play
ball.  Heck, if we have to we simply tell them to hand over the code to an
ISV and get it ported.  Then we hand it back and life goes on.  How tough
can it be?!?

Here is the link at the Adobe site :

    http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

Personally I don't think this will have an effect unless we kick on their
door loudly.

--
Glenn Weinberg
Vice President, Operating Platforms Group

Sun Microsystems, Inc.
17 Network Circle, MS UMPK17-301
Menlo Park, CA 94025 US
Phone x86207/+1 650 786 6207