> If you want to see software for Solaris x86/x64 you
> should consider
> having a look to NexentaOS http://www.gnusolaris.org
> Erast and Alex are
> working really hard to build all software using GCC.
> 9000+ packages
> now...

And while Nexenta is a nice publicity stunt for OpenSolaris, if I wanted to use
Linux, I'd just be running RedHat ES / CentOS, thank You very much.

I want to run Solaris because it's Solaris, because of his userland tools, not
run some GNU grafted stuff on top of the Solaris kernel.

The point should be not to keep PORTING Linux software to Solaris, but to start
using Solaris as THE main development platform for open source software (and
freeware).