On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:14 +1200, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:

> Look at Rhythmbox; compare Rhythmbox to Amarok - I can sync my iPod,
> listen to music, create play lists etc. etc. all from the same
> application.

FWIW, rhythmbox can do that too (in Dapper at least, patches heading
upstream soon hopefully.)

> Look at the applications on KDE; they speak for themselves! maybe my
> writing ability at this time of the afternoon is rather crap, but
> setup two machines, and compare; compare the usability and integration
> of KOffice compared to OpenOffice.org; compare the ease of use of KDE
> PIM with Evolution. Compare the feature richness of Amarok compared to
> Rhythmbox.

GNOME and KDE have always had different philosophies; KDE goes for the
ability to configure everything, GNOME prefers decent defaults and
uncluttered GUIs, with the ability to fine-tune things from the command
line.  If you want to debate those philosophies, feel free to do so on
the appropriate GNOME or KDE list.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Java Desktop System Group