Philip Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:53:01PM -0700, Dan McDonald wrote:
Hello OpenSolaris folks!
I would like to open an OpenSolaris project - IPsec Tunnel Reform.  Please
read on if you'd like to learn more about the project.

The IPsec implementation in Solaris interoperates very well with others as long as Transport Mode IPsec is used. When Tunnel Mode comes into play, we do not interoperate at all, or barely with carefully-crafted manual keys.

actually, it isnt all that great in non-tunnel mode either. We couldnt get
it working between solaris 9 and windows xp servers, fyi.

I'd like to see THAT be 100% interoperable first, personally.

There are three documents on SunSolve that cover this written by Paul Wernau and reviewed by me that cover the Solaris/Windows XP interop configuration:

77805 Solaris[TM] IPsec/IKE Interoperability with Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 and XP (Pre-shared keys

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-77805-1

79028 Solaris[TM] IPsec/IKE Interoperability with Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 and XP (Using Windows CA)

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-79028-1

74677 Solaris[TM] IPsec/IKE Interoperability with Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 and XP (CA signed certificates / OpenSSL generated)

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-74677-1

--
Darren J Moffat