Alan Coopersmith wrote:
Normally I'd suggest checking the vconsole-discuss list instead,
but it seems to be mostly spam - much higher than other OpenSolaris
lists for some reason (is it not spam filtered or set up with the
same admin settings as the rest of us who have to filter spam on our
lists?).

I do know the team has been working on it a lot, but certainly needs
to get more of that work out in the open.   There's been a lot of
design discussions and discussions on interactions with components
such as X, gdm, etc. they've held internally that should be held in
the open to be a true part of OpenSolaris.

They certainly should have, we don't need another devname.
(http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/devname). The only opensolaris.org project I know of that went back into Nevada without *any* content on opensolaris.org and with a single, spam, post on its list.

-- Rich