> On Wednesday 31 January 2007 04:02 pm, Shawn Walker
> wrote:
> > > I don't care what license is used, I care only
> about
> > > acceptance, and that
> > > means for the most amount of open source software
> > > that we can be accepted by.
> > >
> > > Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM
> Group
> > > Advocate of insourcing at Sun - hire people that
> care
> > > about our company!
> >
> > It is rather unsettling to me that someone would
> care more about acceptance
> > than success. The two are not necessarily
> synonymous. If the OpenSolaris
> > community only wants acceptance, then it will
> always live an unhappy life
> > much like real people who seek the same thing do...
>
> Well, it's rather unsettling when folks take
> statements out of context also, I
> never said anything about success, and word twisting
> my comments to mean that
> I don't consider success important is unfair.
>
> What is your point in your response, or is there even
> one?
>
> --
>
> Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
> Advocate of insourcing at Sun - hire people that care
> about our company!

Which is why I later responded saying I wasn't sure if you were saying
the *ONLY* thing that was important was acceptance or if you were
saying that it was more important than licensing. Regardless of
context, I personally have a problem with acceptance being important
than almost anything else.

Yes, there was a point, expressing my opinion, and we all know what
that's worth. Blame it on me listening to a crying baby for the last
few hours if you want, at the moment that particular comment put me in
a foul mood.

I just don't see acceptance being as important as you may or may not
have implied.

-Shawn