* James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-02-13 09:36]:
> Stephen Hahn writes:
> >   The current approach is that projects seek sponsoring Community
> >   Groups, and that project leads will become Contributors or Core
> >   Contributors in the sponsoring Community Group.
>
> That doesn't happen, though.

  Not yet, no:  my first excuse is that we're in the bootstrap phase of
  the process.  But even during the bootstrap, people have recourse to
  the Board.

  I suppose the priority that I am operating with (divined from the
  Board, I think) is that we need an elected Board with a clearer
  mandate to make changes.  First on that set of changes (I hope) is
  some reeducation of what it means to have a Community Group--it's not
  just a set of web pages and an alias, but a responsibility to act as
  the embassy for a set of technical or social interests to the larger
  Community.  That is, it's work, which I don't think was made clear
  during the earlier phases of the effort.

  (But in all of the current development process, the onus is on the
  individual or group suggesting change...  so we're at least
  consistent.  :) )

  - Stephen

--
Stephen Hahn, PhD  Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/